Park experts and nonprofits gathered in Berkeley on California state parks funding crisis
The Bay Area Open Space Council organized a meeting today in Berkeley on the California State Parks crisis and live-blogged the event. If you want to get up to speed on the issues, particularly in the San Francisco Bay Area, this is a great source.
The following panel of park experts, nonprofits and advocates made presentations and answered questions:
- Dave Gould, Parks Alliance of Sonoma County and Former State Parks Superintendent, moderator
- Craig Anderson, LandPaths
- Bob Berman, Benicia State Parks Association
- Lauren Dixon, Parks Alliance of Sonoma County
- Ruskin Hartley, Save the Redwoods League
- Danita Rodriguez, State Parks, Marin District
- Traci Verardo, California State Parks Foundation
Bay Area Open Space Council POSTSCRIPT:
Over 100 people filled the Tamalpais Room at the Brower Center to hear from a panel about, and discuss themselves, the state parks crisis and the partnerships that are forming because of it. Read more …
This is the 13th article in a series on threats to California State Parks and the search for sustainable funding.